After visiting Sebastian, I went to see my sister for a few days and did not train while I was there so I missed two days of the Week 4 programming.
Program as written
- Snatch 4 set of 1 rep @85%
- C&J 4 sets of 1 rep @85%
- Overhead Lunge 4 x 8 reps @50% of 1RM Snatch (4 ea leg alternating)
- Snatch DL + Floating Sn High Pull. 1 set of 1 rep (80, 85, 90, 95%) x 2. Floating is just above the floor.
- GHR 4 sets of 8 reps
- RDL 4 sets of 6 reps @ 70% 1RM C&J
Training as performed (weights in pounds)
- 95, 115, 135×2×1
- 155, 165, 170, 170X, 170, 170, 170×1×1
- The weights didn’t feel too bad but my catch was sloppy at the 85% (170) weight. Honestly, I was happy only having one miss considering how I was lifting. A lot of wrist pain throughout the session. This seems to be a recurring problem when I take a few days off from lifting.
- 135, 155×2
- Power clean + FS + Jerk
- 185, 205, 205, 205, 205×1×1
- My cleans were feeling slow and crappy so I decided to modify the programming and do a power clean followed by a front squat to get the same work load on my legs but without the back rounding I was getting with the light weight.
- Snatch DL + Snatch high pull
- 160, 170, 180, 190×2×1
The gym was a bit dead and I was feeling fat and slow after laying around my sisters house for three straight days. I skipped the OH lunges, GHR, and RDLs out of sheer laziness. Not good.